Saturday, July 6, 2013

New cup and halfway there: Day 183/365

My son loves to drink from straws so I bought him a new sippy cup with a straw and he loves it.


Amazingly, we are halfway through the year now so I am halfway through this 365 project. It has turned out to be tougher than I thought but it really has forced me to work on my photography. There are still many days I don't touch my DSLR and I have forced myself to accept that it is ok. Photography is not about the camera you shoot with, but what is captured with the camera instead. So, my cell phone and point and shoot work perfectly fine when I want to capture something quickly or just don't feel like lugging the DSLR around. I have worked on composition and some on exposure, even with my cell phone. I've learned I don't like letting any camera choosing the settings for me, even if I don't really feel like taking a picture. People think I'm crazy when I try to set the exposure on my cell phone instead of just snapping away, but I like having that control on my photo, even if its only setting what area of the photo I want to expose for. I am hoping to branch out of the children pictures the next few months and maybe take more of the world around me. So, I hope to be able to share some new things for the 2nd half of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment